Town of Bronson
650 Oak Street
PO Box 266
Bronson, FL 32621
Welcome to Bronson..the Heart of Levy County.
Bronson began as a settlement in approximately 1839 and was named after S.P. Bronson's father, who first name has not been located. Bronson was originally known as "Chunky Pond." It was a saw mill and trading post. The original settlement was founded off of Main Street. The oldest house use to be where Weeks Texaco currently is located in town. All of the buildings were either torn down or burned.
Bronson grew Citrus in the early 1870's and had approximately 75 groves around a three mile radius from the courthouse. After several hard freezes, it was destined to be wiped out and the owners moved down south.